2014-15 Registration Instructions & Form
BHA 2014 - 2015
Fall 2014 - Youth Hockey Learn to Skate Programs Birmingham Hockey / Little Caesars Program follows the USA Hockey American Development Model (ADM)
Who is it for?
- Emphasizes age appropriate skill development
- Cross-ice / half ice games – provides a playing surface for games that is more appropriate for size / skill level of this age group (later in the season, Mites will play full ice games):
- Provides more touches of the puck for players of all skill levels – we believe that the more your player touches the puck the more fun they have!
- We have divider boards that help to enhance half ice experience
- Station based practices – keeps players moving for entire practice, provides for more touches of the puck, better focuses coaches and players on skill development and encourages less standing around.
- Teams of 8 – 10 players – more ice time for your players
- Emphasize parent involvement – skilled coaches will run and organize the practices, but we encourage other parents to help out on the ice setting up drills and organizing the players
- Time commitment – despite what you may
have heard, we do not practice at 5:30am!
Mini-Mites and Mites practice Saturday and
Sunday mornings, no earlier than 7:30am (and usually later). Mites also will practice one day during the week. There will be some away games (local arenas) and some cross ice tournaments!
Sign Up Now! Contact Steve Kruk @ email@example.com 586-489-9568
Registration Flyer: http://www.birminghamhockey.net/files/registration_flyer3.pdf
Registration Form: http://www.birminghamhockey.net/files/bha_2014-2015_registration_form_3v3.pdf
- Ages 5 & 6 / Mini Mites: Primarily for young / new hockey players born in 2008 or 2009; also good for hockey players who are new to the sport but were born in 2006 or 2007. Great for players currently in Birmingham’s Learn to Skate or Tot Hockey Programs
- Ages 7 & 8 / Mites: Primarily for progressing hockey players born in 2006 or 2007.
- Ages 9 & 10 / Squirts: Primarily for progressing hockey players born in 2004 or 2005.
- Ages 11 & 12 / Peewees: Primarily for players born in 2002 or 2003.
- If your player is just starting out or is too young for Mini-Mites, Birmingham offers wonderful Learn to Skate and Tot Hockey programs. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org